Here are some simple things all of us can do to help stop GLOBAL WARMING:
1) CHANGE A LIGHT: Replace one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.
2) DRIVE LESS: Walk, bike, car pool or take metro transit more often. You will save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive.
3) RECYCLE MORE: You can save 2400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half of your household waste.
4) CHECK YOUR TIRE: Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve gas mileage by more than 3%. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere.
5) USE LESS HOT WATER: It takes lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by installing a low-flow shower head ( 350 pounds of carbon dioxide saved per year ) washing your clothes in cold or warm water ( 500 pounds saved per year ).
6) AVOID PRODUCTS WITH LOT OF PACKAGING: You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you can cut down your garbage by10%.
7) ADJUST YOUR THERMOSTAT: Moving your thermostat down just 2 degrees in winter and up 2 degrees in summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.
8) PLANT A TREE: A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its life time.
9) TURN OFF ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo and computer when you are not using them will save thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide per year.
10) BE PART OF THE SOLUTION: Learn more about global warming and tell others.